Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow, Party, and a Moving Thermometer

Yesterday, we woke up to Slush/Snow on the ground. It was actually really pretty and the kids were so excited to go and play with it. I heard the girls casually telling each other, "I wish the pool would freeze up so we could ice skate. That would be so cool!" I don't think that would be a good thing!

I had my 3rd Annual Recipe Exchange last night and it was a lot of fun. We had 31 recipe participants at around 5 recipes a piece (about 155 recipes!). We had about 36 people here to eat and socialize and do the book exchange-white elephant style. The evening is always a lot of fun for me. This year it was especially fun being in a larger home. It always got very crowded before. I love seeing so many of my friends in one place. I always take my friendships for granted and I am so blessed to have some great friends to have these fun events with.

This morning, Madison woke me up bright and early. I made her go downstairs and watch TV on her own until we were all ready to get up. She came running upstairs telling me, "mom, mom, the baby thermometer if moving the thermometer is moving!" Obviously it was the baby monitor showing that Logan was waking up but I got a good laugh.

Then when I got downstairs, Madison casually asks, "Mom, how was your party last night? Did you have a good time?" It is always funny to hear these casual comments from a 6 year old.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

oh, i can't wait for you to share some of the recipes! i can't believe you guys got snow. you're like 14 minutes away and we got nothing.

Allyson White said...

I had a great time at your party and can't wait to try the recipes--you are the perfect hostess!