I realized, going through my blog, that I have not been posting quotes from the girls. I will try to do better at that since they have definitely not stopped talking. Here are a couple I wanted to post:
Ainsley was in primary and I was sitting next to her. I am the primary chorister and I often find I need to sit with Ainsley to keep her from coming and "hanging out" with me. As I was with her, her friend turned to her and said, "Ainsley, I like your sweater!" Ainsley replied, "Thank you very much." A moment went by and I heard Ainsley whisper in the girl's ear "I am immodest underneath." She said it with a giggle. I really worry about her as a teenager!
Madison LOVES to color. She has a lot of gel pens that she loves to bring to church. I gave her a pencil case to put some gel pens in and it only fits a few. She was very upset about this. I explained to her that when she takes so many to church, we loose them and they make a big mess to clean up. She listened very closely and then with little tears in her eyes turned to me and said, "I understand what you are saying mom. I understand why you don't want me to bring all of them but I am really upset about it." I felt so bad but was very proud of her communication skills. She is getting so old!
Last Sunday we were at dinner at my in-laws. Madison did not want to eat her dinner so I explained that she will not get dessert. After much discussion, I made her a deal. She ate all her corn on the cob, she will be able to eat dessert. I saw her carrying that corn around for a while, contemplating what to do. My brother in-law told me that she was at the dinner table with Ainsley and he heard her say, "Ainsley, I have made my decision. I will not have dessert. I cannot eat the corn!" Of course this was very dramatic. She is too funny.
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
2 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment