Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dit?

Whenever I find myself laughing so hard with my children, I know it is a moment I need to document. Well, this is how I will document it. Today at lunch, we had several funny moments. I was making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and I hear Madison say to Ainsley, "Yum, this dead animal restaurant is delicious." "Don't you love dead animals Ainsley?"

I turned around and asked what she was talking about. Little did I know that I was in for a science lesson. "You see mother, we are spotted hyenas. We do not hunt, we eat dead animals. We are, what you would call, "garbage collectors". There are many "garbage collectors" around like vultures."

I asked where she read all of this and she said it was in a book at school called, "Animal Appetites." I was laughing so hard. She LOVES science stuff.

After that, we somehow got onto a discussion about appropriate words and discussions at the lunch table. I heard Ainsley ask, "What is the D word?" Madison replied, "I know it ends in 'it'" Ainsley then turns to me and asked, "Dit is a bad word?" It really made me laugh. At least I know she is putting sounds together well. I explained that there are words for every letter in the alphabet that we should not be saying. We do not need to try to guess them all day. I guess there will be no more using "Dit" in our house.

0 comments: