I was going back through some old posts and I remember how often I captured what my kids said. I have stopped doing that and I need to go back to it. They are so funny, I need to share.
Last night we were watching Biggest Looser. Madison LOVES this show. She loves the competitions and she gets so nervous for the weigh-ins. During the "last change workout" she was jumping up and down trying to "work out" and she says to me, "I am so glad that I am fit!" Yes, Madison, I am too!
Logan has been so fun lately. He is always asking everyone if they are his "best friend." "Are you my best friend Ainsley?" "Are you my best friend Madison?" The other day he was talking to Ben and said, "You are my buddy daddy. You my buddy daddy?" Too cute.
Ainsley is still my Ainsley. She is not as silly as the other kids but very smart and logical. She is usually either singing or lying. We are working on it though. The singing volume is getting a little lower and the lying is...well...we are working on it. You can only have so many FHE lessons on honesty right? I do have a funny story to share about her though. Last Sunday in singing time, I was playing a game with the kids that when they get to certain parts of the song, they cannot sing. They just do the motions I taught them. Towards the end of singing time, they were only supposed to sing a couple of things. Strange, I was hearing a solo amongst the 75+ junior primary kids. The solo sounded a lot like Ainsley. I looked at her and put my finger to my lips for her to be quiet and all I got was a huge grin on her face and the volume of her singing went louder. Weird...she was not listening to me. Not following directions. The stake primary presidency thought it was very amusing. I do love my Ainsley though. There are moments that she is so sweet and soft. They are brief but when I see them, I do cherish them. What is this girl going to be like when she grows up... very strong!
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
2 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment