Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Big Weekend!

I am sure when you read the title this is not going to be what you expect to read about but for me it was a very Big Weekend! Ben and I did not go away for Valentine's Day, we did not even go out. We really did not want to. Ben got me a new bed for Valentines Day. After 11 1/2 years of marriage, we finally have a king bed. We are so excited. It was definitely time for the change. Ben surprised me with a bed, mattress cover, goose down comforter, duvet, and 2 sets of sheets. What a good man!

The bed arrived on Friday and I had the bed set and ready to show him that night. We both could not believe the amount of room we had! I kept thinking that we were in a hotel room somewhere. I told Ben that when I was little, I always wanted the "Sound of Music Bed". If you know the movie, you can remember the scene when she is looking for spiders in her bed. She pulls the blankets back looking for them and her bed always looked soooooooo cozy to me. It was huge with thick blankets. I always wanted that bed. I feel like I finally got it. It was a wonderful gift. Here are some pictures of my new bed:



The other big news this weekend is that Logan is now in a "big boy" bed. In attempt to potty train him, I told him he could have a big boy bed if he used the potty. When he used it, he wanted me to make it right then. I went to work. He has loved it and is so excited to go to bed and then to get up in the morning.


As for the potty training, this kid is so funny. I started of Friday morning. He has been showing so many obvious signs he is ready but I have been lazy to go for it. He tells me when he has gone and wants me to change his diaper. He wakes up completely dry! So, I thought I should try this.

Friday was not a good day. He liked wearing the underwear but would not try to go when I asked him to and fought me about it. It was one accident after another. Not a good day.

Saturday, he ran and went on his own one time and again when I forced him but had a few accidents. We were batting 500.

This morning started horrible. He woke up and when I asked him to put underwear on, he was yelling at me that he wanted his diaper and no underwear. He was clearly upset and I thought I needed to make a decision. I thought I would go for it. I made him put underwear on as he cried the entire time. He calmed down and started playing. About an hour later he looks at me with a smile and say, "I stopped it mommy!" "I stopped the pee pee!" I could not believe it. He then ran to the potty and went all by himself. I was shocked! I asked him a few more times if he needed to go and every time he was upset that I was bothering him with it. After 3 hours, he took off running down the hall and went all by himself again! We just got back from church and he went again when we got home. No accidents yet. We still need to figure out how to get him to go #2 but for now, I will take this victory and be excited. I am crossing my fingers that he sticks with it. I will be so excited. My last child potty trained!!! Crazy!!! Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats on the potty training! That is BIG success in my book.

Tyler said...

We consider our king bed one of our best ever purchases! I like all the new bedding!!

Send the potty training tips my way. We are not even close! :(

Fernandez Family said...

Hurray hurray!! Keep up the good work!

Tyler said...

The Tyler was comment was me!

Aubree :))

Cristi said...

We want a king so bad! Glad to see you like it!

Danielle said...

Wow, a king size bed...how romantic...haha no that is awesome. This reminds me of the time when Madison slept so well in my Queen size bed....and I selpt on about an inch of it..haha