Sunday, March 14, 2010

Red Robin Adventure

Last night, our family went with another family to Red Robin. The kids were doing great and we had just received our food when the manager came over and informed us that there was a fire on top of the building and we needed to evacuate.

Of course, the adults grab their burgers and salad wraps and we leave the kid's food (it was glass bowls with mac and cheese!). We had to leave but all the food we did consume was free. We were happy we grabbed ours:)

The kids all reacted very differently to the drama. Logan was oblivious to the entire situation. Madison was very scared and crying very hard. Ainsley thought it was really cool to see the fire trucks and firemen. She wondered if we would be on the news or in the newspaper.

As we drove from Red Robin to Carl's Jr. to finish feeding the children, Ainsley all of a sudden started crying hysterically. I was very confused since she was my brave one and seemed to enjoy the situation. Then I heard,

"But I didn't get to eat my Mac and Cheese!" "What about my Mac and Cheese?" "I Love Red Robin Mac and Cheese!"

I tried to let her know that we should focus on the fact that we are all safe and together and that nothing happened to anyone. She responded, "But you and daddy got to finish your food!" I was going to tell her I did not get to finish my soup or fries but somehow I thought that would not really help the situation.

I thought this was very amusing. Oh- My Ainsley.

2 comments:

The Wright Stuff said...

LOL!! That is TOTALLY something Hailey would cry about! She loves her food!!! Glad everyone was ok and that 'the adults' got to eat their food! :)

Aubree said...

I love how your kid's reactions are so fitting to their personalities.

Sounds like a crazy night. I laughed so hard when Michelle told me this story at church.