Monday, September 6, 2010

My Little Runner

Last night I told the kids that we would be going to the gym in the morning. Madison asked me if she could run on the treadmill next to me. I thought, "why not?" (thinking she would only last 5 minutes and want to go play in the childcare.

We started entered the gym area with our IPOD's (she has a little MP3 player), water bottles, and towels. I gave her a treadmill tutorial and we were off. She started at 1.0 and was very nervous about falling off the back. It was adorable. The next thing I know, she is increasing the speed and eventually was running at 4.3 and she ended up doing 1.14 miles!!! She loved it and has asked to do it again with me. It was so much fun to see her want to exercise and to see her trying to push herself. We went over and did some sit ups and other exercises and then she told me she was all done. It was very cute and a fun mother-daughter morning with Madison.

2 comments:

Court said...

WOW! That's more than I do at the gym. I better step it up now...

Debra said...

That is awesome! Way to be such a great example to your kids. This summer Bryson would ride his bike for part of my jog. It is fun having your kids as your buddy.