It has been a long, hard, day here at the Brown home. For some reason, the kids are out of control lately. I think with Halloween coming, they are going crazy. I woke up way too early and feel like I have been hearing whining and fighting all day long. I was late to everything and felt like I had no patience.
At one point, this evening, Madison was asking me for something over and over again. I finally turned (of course very lovingly), and said, "I can not do everything for everyone. There are 3 of you and 1 of me!" She smiled and said, "That is why I am only going to have 2 girls. That way, it will not be so hard to do what they need me to do."
Later in the evening, she and I were talking and she asked if she could listen to my phone's music. I told her that as long as it was not too loud. I explained that I had a really bad headache. She responds, "I know mom. That is why I am so excited for when all my kids are at school all day long. Then I can just stay home and relax and not get headaches!" I laughed and asked her how all the food would get in the house and how would she get to her kids classrooms to volunteer? She said, "Oh ya, I guess I would have a couple things to do." Ya...a couple. Like laundry, cleaning, cooking, shopping, laundry, more cooking, more cleaning, callings, etc... I think she is in for a rude awakening one day. She is very cute though. It actually cheered me up a little bit.
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
2 years ago




2 comments:
Too funny! Madison always seems to have a snappy, on the spot comment ready. I love it! She is super smart and quick! I hope your headache gets better soon.
P.S. I really like you blog background....
Wow Madison is getting to be really cool- as in I would like to be her friend. I can't wait to see her. Here is what I have to say: hold out until thanksgiving. That is what I am doing at least- it is this light at the end of the tunnel where pumpkin pie and smiling nieces await me...
ps you're a great mom- don't ever forget that!
Post a Comment