Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Madison

Today, Madison and I were watching some high quality television together (the very informative and educational "Dancing with the Stars") and I told Madison, "You can never wear a dress like that!" She said, "why not mom?" I replied, "It is way too immodest". She then tells me, "Don't worry mom-it is way to big for me anyway!" If she only knew how tiny the professional dancers really are!

I went to Madison's open house last night at her school and came across a little story she wrote with very cute illustrations. Since it will take far too much time to scan them in for you all, I will do my best to describe them. I will also type it exactly how she wrote it. The story is titled,

"My Sister Scares Me A Lot"

"One day I had to hide in a really dark cosit and I wanted to bring a ligt but my mom sed no."
This has a large illustration of dresses hanging, a closet door, flowers, bees, adorable Madison saying "Pleas" and a smiling mommy saying "NO!" For the record, I have never put her in a dark closet. Nor would I...yet...

"I scrame and my sister fowned me. I fot she didin't hear me and she did and she scared me. I looked behind me and she said Boogale Boogale." Empty hangers this time and a closet door. A cute little girl with smiles and another one screaming "AH!" More flowers as well.

"And then my sister Ainsley hid and my sister hid behinde me and I cold not find her and she sared me agian." The End. Two little girls in the closet with no clothes saying "Ahh" and "Boogade" Random colored flowers are still there.

She had so much fun showing us everything in her class. Her teacher adores her and Logan LOVED exploring everything. We took Ainsley to see the kindergarten classes and she seems really excited now. Let's hope that remains!!! I will not bother to spell check on this blog post for obvious reasons, but she is doing really well for 1st grade. I am so proud of her and her enthusiasm for everything!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on the poundage! that's inspiring! you go girl! love ya!

Fleming Family said...

Too funny! Don't you wonder where they come up with stories like that?!