Last night we were coming home late from a fun evening at Ben's parents house. Every Sunday we get to go there for a family dinner and we are so lucky we live so close to them that we can. On our way home, I told the kids they needed to go to bed very quickly so we can get a lot of sleep for the week ahead. Logan asks, "Why?" Then Ainsley decided she wanted to know, "Why do we need to sleep anyway mom?" I explained to them that our body needs sleep so we can grow big and strong and stay healthy. Then I hear Madison from the back of the van, "Ohhhhhhh, so that is why I am so short! I have a really hard time falling asleep mom!" Too funny.
Madison has been obsessed with reading. I love that she loves to read, I never did and I think it would have helped in high school and college! I have been finding her, however, hiding under her sheets with a little flashlight trying to read longer. I went in last night and she was laying on her back with her eyes closed, pretending to sleep. I went over to check around her bed for any clues that she had been reading and I did not need to look very hard. She still had her glasses on! I took them off gently, playing along with her pretending and then I hear, "no mom! I have so many thoughts in my head, I need to read to relax more!" Oh- Madison, what am I going to do with your drama!!!
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
2 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment