Monday, August 11, 2008

1st Day of 1st Grade



Madison started 1st grade today. I was awaken bright and early with a little blonde excited to get ready for school. She brushed her teeth and hair and got her 1st day of school outfit on. She went down and poured her cereal and by 7:15, she was ready to go to school. I tried to explain to her that we still had an hour before we had to go and she replied, "but mom, you told me that we would need to get ready quickly in the morning for school." I never thought she listened to me! In the afternoon, she came out of her classroom very happy and asking if she could go get a drink from the drinking fountain. She also came home asking if she can have a room in the house as her "art room". The guest room is now also Madison's art room. Sorry mom and dad, your room is now occupied.

It was a wonderful day and I think this 1st grade thing will really improve my life. I got to spend some time with Ainsley. We watch Nanny McPhee and she loved the attention. We are looking forward to swimming tonight when Ben gets home.
For the moment, I will say that LIFE IS GOOD. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

4 comments:

Cristi said...

Oh Nicole! As much as I love my kids, I can't wait for the first grade thing! Enjoy your extra time! :)

Aubree said...

Cute pics! Is it almost pre-school time? Great idea about Wicked! I say in Feb or March once the sting of the Holidays is gone! :)

Fleming Family said...

It was the first day of school for our kids, too. Wasn't the quiet nice? Keep on drinking in the change. When does Ainsley start school...:)?

Debra said...

Your house looks so cool. I want to see more pictures!