Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bad Words

Lately I have been working with my girls on what they are not to say. We are working on words like, "shut up" and "stupid" and "idiot" and far worse ones that they learn from school. I know that I am getting through to them when we are listening to Ainsley's current favorite song in the car "Since you've been gone" by Kelly Clarkson and I hear her in the back of the car yell, "bad word!" I thought to myself, "what word did she say in this song?" Then I hear Ainsley again say, "bad word!". I realized that she says the word "stupid" in the song. I also realized that Ainsley always knew exactly when to yell the words "bad word" out. Like she was censoring the song. I tell Ainsley, "Well, I think this is not an appropriate song to listen to then." Her response is, "There are only a couple of bad words mom, I think we can still listen to it. Besides, I know they are bad words and I did not say them." I really worry for her teenage years!!!

3 comments:

Cristi said...

That's so funny! Emma seems to have an obsession with bad words. She comes up with excuses to say them lately, too.

Van Duren Family said...

You're such a good mommmy! Way to teach them young. Keep up the good work. Loved the funny story. She's a smarty!!

The Wright Stuff said...

LOL! I know I catch myself saying "It's a really good song [or movie], it only has one bad part"... LOL But I don't do the bad things or say the bad words, so it's okay to watch and listen to it over and and over again!