A long time ago, Madison asked me if she could wear contacts. She knows I wear them and asked when she could. I talked to my eye doctor (aka Bishop) and he said that it is up to me. He said that I can help her put them in and take them out and if she lets me do it and likes it, there is no reason she cannot wear contacts. We got samples 3 days ago and she has been wearing them each day. I have not let her wear them to school but she wants to. We'll see about letting her soon. She has been swimming with them and loves it. I love that she can see more clearly walking around a pool! We need some more practice getting them in (try putting contacts in a 6 year old!!!) but my hope is that she will always have this option if she wants them. Crazy that she will even let me but she loves them (once I get them in!).
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
2 years ago




2 comments:
Wow! I had a really hard time doing it to myself when I was 16!
Way to go Madison! I love contacts too, I can see better with them.
I noticed she didn't have her glasses on in primary today. That's amazing that she's doing so well! I got my first pair at 15 or so and I could hardly stand to touch my eye. I got used to it, but wow-- she's only 6! Alan STILL won't do it! :)
Post a Comment