Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Birthday Girls

Yesterday we had a great day celebrating Madison and Ainsley's birthday. "The Way Far Away Grandma and Grandpa" (my mom and dad from the Bay Area) came to celebrate with us. The girls had a great time at Tricks Gymnastics for their party with a lot of friends. The funny story of the day was regarding the girls presents.

Madison needed a new bike and we wanted to give Ainsley the old bike so they could both have one to ride. I was concerned that Ainsley would be really upset about not getting a new one and having to ride the old one. I got some streamers, a bell, and new helmets to give them with the bikes-in hopes that would help. Ben put the bikes in the backyard with a big bow on each of them.

The girls were so excited about them and started riding immediately. There had been no complaining at all and everything was great! After a little bit, Madison asks me "What did you do with the old bike?" I was very confused and soon realized that they both thought it was a new pink bike and that I had gotten rid of the old one. I just went with it (Okay, so I lied) and said that the old one was not working as well so we needed to get a new one. So, both girls got "new" bikes for their birthdays. I am still laughing about it. I guess you put a big bow, streamers, and a bell on a bike and it looks brand new! Who knew???

1 comments:

The Wright Stuff said...

LOL! Awesome! I'll have to keep this in mind! :)