IF YOUR CHILD BELIEVES IN THE TOOTH FAIRY, MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT READ THIS!!!
Madison lost her first tooth yesterday. She had been working on it for so long and it finally came out. She wanted to eat a lot of apples because she said that it helps to loosen the tooth. Madison woke up this morning and came downstairs in tears because the tooth fairy did not leave anything for her. The envelope and tooth was still there. I tried to explain that "the tooth fairy was very busy and had a very late night and would come the next night." (I completely forgot about it and I feel AWFUL!). So as my daughter lay on the couch at 6:30a.m. crying I was trying to figure out how to fix this. I ran to the kitchen to get an envelope and I put 4 quarters in it. I wrote a note on it that said, "Madison, keep your first tooth to show grandma and grandpa." I placed it on the side of the mattress against the wall.(as though it fell there in the night). I told her that we should look one more time to see if maybe she missed something. She was crying the entire time we looked until she heard some change fall to the ground. It worked! She was so excited and she even shared 2 of the quarters with Ainsley. So now, I have to remember this new tradition when Ainsley looses her first tooth. How did I forget to do this on the 1st tooth? I mean...I understand when you get farther down the road, but with the 1st one!!! Shows how exhausted I am at night. So-grandma and grandpa- you get to see her first tooth!




6 comments:
That was some quick thinking! I think you need more sleep! :)
Great comeback! If it's any consolation, the tooth fairy forgot Ainsley's (our Ainsley) second tooth. She wrote a note to her that said something like, "Dear Tooth Fairy, I was so sad that you didn't come last night. Why didn't you come to me?" I felt terrible!
That was great! Now I know what to do when I forget (because I know it'll happen sometime!)
We forgot with Logan's 4th or 5th one, and we did the same thing and it worked like a charm!! LOL The tooth fairy seems to not be so possesive of the teeth anymore! When I was little, she never left me any of mine!
Good thinking! You get the Mom of the Year award in my book!
I've done the same thing, I can't even tell you how many times!!
Post a Comment