This morning on the way to the gym, Madison says,
"Mom, when you turn 20 that must be the saddest day of your life." I asked why and she says, "Because you have to move out of your parents house."
I told her that was not true. I went on to explain that some leave the house at 18 to go to college, others at 21 to go on missions. I ended with telling her that some do not leave their parents home until they are married or eventually kicked out.
Madison replied, "who decides when you get to leave the house?" I answered, "You and Mommy and Daddy decide when you leave the house." She then said, "Can you talk to daddy today for me and tell him I do not want to leave your house until I am married?" Sure, Madison, I will get right on that.
After that fun conversation, Ainsley decides to tell me this:
"Mom, I am very sad today." "Why are you sad Ainsley?" "I am sad because my boyfriend will not be at the gym today. I have not seen him in a really long time and I miss him so much!"
What??????
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
2 years ago




3 comments:
Ha ha! I wonder who the boyfriend is???
Tom says he'll throw out ours by then! He does not want them living with us till they're 30!
That's so funny. The joy of having daughters ;)
Post a Comment