We went to a friends house last night to drop off some things and there was a basket full of unopened toys there. My girls were obsessed, of course, and immediately wanted the barbies opened for them. My friend's mom explained to the girls that the toys were for sick kids in the hospital that do not have a lot of toys to play with. Madison quickly replies, "My brother and sister are sick. They have been coughing a lot lately." My friends mom tried to talk to them about "really sick" kids with leukemia in the hospital. The girls were still very bummed about not getting the toys. I do not think they really cared about the sick kids in the hospital at all- I am sure they were thinking, "so these sick kids are why I cannot have this Barbie right now!"
Later on the way home, I hear Ainsley pouting in the back of the car and say, "I wish I was sick in the hospital so I can get new barbies!" What??? Life really is all about them isn't it?!
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
2 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment