I learned a long time ago that I can be an oblivious mom. When I took Madison in to her kindergarden exam, they informed me that she cannot see out of her left eye. She had always been able to watch TV, color, do puzzles, etc... I had no idea she could not see well. It turns out she had a contact prescription of +12.00 in her left eye and +9.5 in her right eye. CRAZY!!! We were so excited when she started wearing contacts but a month ago, she did not want to wear them anymore. She was telling me she could not see well with them and that it was time to get her eyes checked. We had just had them checked in September for her annual exam so I did not take her request that seriously. I told her that maybe the contacts are dirty and we will use a new pair. We tried that and she said she still did not like them. I decided to finally take her in and her prescription has changed for the better! It is now +8.25 in the left eye and +7.50 in her right eye. Can you believe it! Poor thing was having a hard time seeing with contacts and glasses because they were too strong for her. I am learning more and more that my kids might not always be doing things for attention and may actually have a valid reason for asking for things. (some of the time:)
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
2 years ago




2 comments:
Interesting! Henry just had a hearing exam at his preschool and we found out that he has trouble hearing out of his left ear. This whole time I thought he was ignoring me and/or not listening. Poor thing can't hear.
That's so great that she can see better! Maybe it will continue to improve. That's crazy.
So you need to teach me how to do that fancy pix show at the top of your blog. Very cool.
I like the glitter with the weight loss too. Only problem is I'd have to actually loose some weight to have it in glitter. Hmm. Small problem there. I guess I should do something about that! Good job on the weight loss!
Post a Comment