Saturday, January 10, 2009

Movie Quotes Game

I saw this on my cousings blog and thought it was a fun idea. I really hope some of you do it as well. NO CHEATING!!

Rules:
- Pick 15 of your favorite movies. (it was hard only picking 15!)
- Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them for everyone to guess.
- I will put it in italics when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
- NO GOOGLING or using IMDb search or other search functions to find the answers.
- For extra credit name the character that said the line.
-Oh- and no judgments on the movies I love!

1. "I'm sure there's nothing I do that you'd find exciting. I don't open beer bottles with my toes, I don't sit around and count what's left of my teeth, hey, I don't even enjoy a good tractor pull. It's been a limited existence, but I've gotten used to it. " THE CUTTING EDGE (JILL)

2. "You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you have barely a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football players in the land for 2 years. And you're gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself. And after what you've gone through, if you haven't done that by now, it ain't gonna never happen. Now go on back." RUDY (SUTTERS)

3."Well not at present, but I can see you really pushing maximum density. See I'm not sure if you know this, but there are two kinds of fat people: there's fat people that were born to be fat, and there's fat people that were once thin but became fat... so when you look at 'em you can sorta see that thin person inside. You see, you're gonna get married, you're gonna squeeze out a few puppies and then, uh..." THE BREAKFAST CLUB (JILL)

4. "As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender. " GALAXY QUEST (MONICA)

5. "Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do. What's that? Go through his clothes and look for loose change. " THE PRINCESS BRIDE (THE SUTTERS)

6." I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. " MONTY PYTHON AND THE SEARCH FOR THE HOLY GRAIL

7."Barely tolerable, I dare say. But not handsome enough to tempt me." PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

8. "Yeah! Get him a body bag!" THE KARATE KID (DEBRA)

9. "My Aunt died of influenza, or so they said. But its my belief they done the old woman in. " MY FAIR LADY (MONICA)

10. "Somewhere out there is a lady who I think will never be a nun." SOUND OF MUSIC (MONICA)

11. "Oh Uncle Martin, I am so glad you're here. I got on the train to run away, but a person tried to touch my no-no special place! And when I got back, there were bikers here. And they tied me up, Uncle Martin, and then they told me stories that they do on their bikes. Some of them were fun but some of them were scary! " CLIFFORD (MONICA)

12. "Look at you, you have a baby... In a bar. " SWEET HOME ALABAMA (DEBRA)

13. "Do you believe in love at first sight? Nah, I betcha don't, you're probably too sensible for that. Or have you ever, like, seen somebody? And you knew that, if only that person *really* knew you, they would, well, they would of course dump the perfect model that they were with, and realize that YOU were the one that they wanted to, just, grow old with. Have you ever fallen in love with someone you haven't even talked to? Have you ever been so alone you spend the night confusing a man in a coma? " WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING (DEBRA)

14. "I ain't never lived in a house that didn't have wheels on it. "

15. "Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime. Lead me, save me from my solitude. Say you'll want me with you here beside you. Anywhere you go, let me go too." THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (MONICA)

6 comments:

Idaho Sutters said...

2. Rudy
5. Princess Bride
7. I won't tell, because I have the same line on my blog.

Nice blog background by the way! ha ha!

Jill said...

1. Cutting Edge (I love that one)
3. Breakfast Club.

I'm going to have to think about the rest.

Debra said...

#7 I already got that one on Deanna's blog so I'll let someone else claim that one.

#8 Karate Kid, I almost did this one on my blog and started laughing when I saw it on yours. But I think it is "put him in a body bag!" I remember the twins watching that part over and over because they thought it was so funny.

#12 Melaine in Sweet Home Alabama

#13 While you were Sleeping

Aubree said...

#14: Baby Mama???

Monica Lawver said...

4. Galaxy Quest
5. Monty Python & the Search for the Holy Grail
7. Pride & Prejudice
9. My Fair Lady
10. Soun of Music ?
11. Clifford

I don't know 14 or 15, and it's killing me! This game is awesome!

Monica Lawver said...

I got it! #15 is from Phantom of the Opera!

Just one left...