We started having 9:00 church a couple of weeks ago and I have loved it. I have found, however, that things do not always go smoothly as we are rushing out the door. This morning I thought was a great morning. I was ready for the day before all the kids were up and they seemed to be in good moods. I had asked the girls to get their shoes on several times and to get in the car. Madison did great and even helped with Logan. Ainsley was not so cooperative. She wanted to stay and play. So, after a lot of verbal exchange I finally got into the car and opened the garage and started the car. That always seems to get her moving quickly (not happily but it works). So she finally comes out to the car and we headed to church. Once we get there I open the doors and ask her to get out of the car and I realize she has not shoes on!
Mom,"Where are your shoes Ainsley?"
Ainsley, "At home."
There is now a nice huge hole in her tights. I will add that to my checklist next time!
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
2 years ago




2 comments:
My son forgot his shoes last year too (and he was 13). Also, once I brought 2 different shoes for myself. Not a good thing!
At least you didn't forget the kid, right? Remember when Chad was left at home...
Post a Comment