Thursday, January 8, 2009

Weight Watchers


So with the New Year starting, I felt it was time I focused a little more on myself and getting healthy. I had always told myself that I would give me until Logan was 2 to feel "normal" again and he will be there March 2nd. I think it is time. I started Weight Watchers on Monday, January 5th and am really, really enjoying it. I am learning a lot about food and myself. Monday was the longest day but after that, it has not been that bad. I weigh myself on Fridays so I will post if I have anything good to post. If you do not read anything, don't ask:)
The family has been really funny this week, regarding my new health craze. Here are some of my favorite conversation moments.
Madison,"Why are we eating so healthy?"
Mom, "We should always be eating healthy and exercising. It is good for our bodies."
Madison,"But how long do we need to eat like this?"
Mom, "Do you not like the food?"
Madison, "I like healthy food but I really, really want cookies, donuts, brownies, chocolate chips, and the yummy stuff like that. When do we get it back?"
Mommy, "Maybe one day, but not any time soon."
(and I wonder why I was not loosing weight?)
Ainsley, "So mom, you want to get fatter?"
Mom, "No Ainsley, I want to get healthier and maybe that means thinner but who knows."
Ainsley, "Oh, you want to be nice and thin like me!"
Mom, "Ya, Ainsley, THAT is not going to happen."
Ben came home from church on Sunday and was going through the cupboards and fridge looking for a snack. I hear him say very frustratingly, "This is gonna Suck!" Yep, Ben, it is!
I will post my favorite WW meals I try but don't worry, I will eventually get back to normal. I just want to post them so I have them more long term. Once I stop the program, I will not have access to them.
My current favorite foods are:
Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches (Someone was a genius!)
Sugar Free Jello Pudding Snacks
Fiber One Bars (really good!)
Light Kettle Corn Popcorn
Crystal Light To-Go packets

3 comments:

Idaho Sutters said...

I loved the comic!!! Good luck with the eating and goals. And good luck to Ben! : )

Tiffany said...

Ditto on the Fiber One bars. The South Beach drink things are pretty good too, and they have a small amount of protein in them.

Jenny said...

Good for you Nicole! Good luck with this new endeavor. Since I'm prego again, I don't think now's the time for me to start any sort of healthy-eating plan. ;) Maybe next year ... ;)