Yesterday we set up the Christmas tree and decorated the house. The girls had many funny conversations throughout the day that I need to share.
Ainsley-"Mom, the neighbors have rainbow lights up and we don't. I want us to have the same lights they do outside."
Madison-(very firm)"Ainsley, daddy paid a lot of money for the lights we have and he spent a lot of time putting them up. You should be glad for that!"
We decided to put our tree in the front room. Madison had some concerns: "Mom, Santa is going to be so confused. He will come down the chimney and there will be no Christmas tree!"
Ben wanted to tell her that the fact we have no chimney and a glass door on the fireplace might also be an issue for him but he restrained himself. I told her Santa will find the tree. Madison relieved said, "Oh Ya, Santa is magical."
As I was putting the girls to bed last night, Madison asked me if I can tell her stories about when I was a kid at Christmas. (that made me feel so old...mom, tell me about the good ole' days). Ainsley says,"Ya mom, like when you were 3 or 4." No pressure right?
As I was thinking of what I can tell her Ainsley says, "No wait-I want to tell stories from when I was a kid instead!" Wow, I wonder if she can remember back that long ago.
I told the girls that each morning when we woke up, we were not allowed to go wake up grandma and grandpa until 7:00a.m. or they would be grouchy (I added that part in as a little hint). I told them we turned on the Muppets Christmas Carole and watched it until they came downstairs.
Madison's replied, "But mom, whenever we stay at grandma and grandpa's house and wake them up they are not grouchy at us!" Too cute.
I also told them that the night we decorated the tree we would all sit and have snowballs and sing Christmas songs. (snowballs are vanilla ice cream balls with coconut on the outside with a candle in it) Ainsley asks,"how do you sing and eat at the same time?" After I explained that we would eat and then sing she says, "I want a snowball right now!" I told her that "the way far away" grandpa would have to find her one! (good luck dad-no pressure)
To say they are excited for Christmas is an understatement! Even Logan was helping "decorate the tree" and he loves messing up all the girls nativity scenes. This will be a long month with him and decorations. At least he is not eating everything this year right?




4 comments:
I am still laughing! Your kids are hilarious. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas. Good luck surviving their excitement until then.
I love how you post what your kids say! They are so adorable and what priceless memories you are keeping for later.
So funny. Thanks for sharing. And good luck with Logan and the decorations-that's always fun!
I like the hint about 7AM! I remember all your efforts to get them to stay in their room til 7!
Post a Comment